zondag 7 november 2010

The neverending cycle of problems

It has been a busy week since I last updated my blog, many things have happened.

Once the system was up and running again at Harrods, we had to work much harder in order to catch up with the days we have missed. We processed thousands of deliveries and managed to get back on track again.

After a few days, we got many new colleagues and they had to be trained. I had the opportunity to "train" them. It was very basic and I had to teach them how things work and what needs to be done at certain processes. I could relate this to my "study" as a teacher and found it pleasantly to do so.

I will still maintain this role, along with a few others, to train the new persons and prepare them to work on their own. I find this perfect for me, since this will allow me to use my English language skills to a further extend. I will use the language even more and will also get trained on how to explain things to other people.

So far, so good at work. I also had to complete my paperwork at Harrods, so I went to the interview I had with at the jobcentre. I was interviewed because I wanted to apply for a national insurance number. The application was successful and I got a temporary national insurance number. I should receive the defenitive one after two more weeks. Once I get my defenitive national insurance number, I will be able to complete my paperwork at Harrods.

As I solve these problems, I encounter other problems. I have to find new accommodation again. Problems have occured with the landlord, which forces me to get out. (I am not in trouble with the landlord or something like that. He is the one that got trouble) I have to find a place within a week or two to move to. Hopefully I will manage to do so. If I don't manage to find a place on my own, I can always go to my friend's place.

Hopefully will this problem be solved as soon as possible. I cannot really say that I enjoy my stay here in London since I am here.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten