maandag 25 oktober 2010

Culture, Nature and Science

I had a few days off last week, which allowed me to explore London a bit by bit. I used these days to visit several musea. I went to the British Museum, Science Museum, Tate Museum and the Nature Museum. All were quite interesting and will be visited by me again in the near future.

The first museum I went to was the Tate Museum. It contains a very big gallery with paintings of many several artists over the last few centuries. I don't remember which
artists it were, but I can say that some paintings were very beautiful and some will not receive any appreciation from me. The paintings I like are the ones with much
detail. I cannot really tell much about it, but what I can say is that there were many arts students who were copying the paintings in their drawingbooks.

The next visit was to the British Museum. There is no admission, so I didn't really spend that much money that day. I got a map and read about the exhibitions that
are open to the public. I started to roam through the first floor, then the second and at last the third floor. Every floor contains the history of many different
cultures of the past. The first floor contains items of the Aztec civilization, the medival Islamic civilization and the Chinese civilizations.

The second floor was also interesting. It contains mummies from Ancient Egypt, Roman sculptures, Greek items and some stuff from other cultures as well.
Most things that are shown in the Egyptian exhibition are accesiores and mummies of a few millenia ago. It was very interesting to see new mummies again. I have seen
the ones in Egypt many times before and these were very different. The Italian and Greek exhibitions were also interesting to see. It contained statues of famous Roman
rulers and Ancient Greek Gods such as Zeus, Aphrodites and many others.

The Chinese exhibition was also very interesting since it contained many items that expressed their arts and culture. It contained many stones, weapons and statues
of many different kinds.

The only bad thing that happened that day is that I did not bring my camera along. That is why I will visit this museum again in order to take some pictures of the most
impressing items of the past.

The Nature and Science museum were also very fun to visit. They show many different kinds of stuff that shaped our current world.
The Nature museum shows us how our planet was formed and what was here thousands of years ago. The Science museum showed the same,
but instead of God's contribution to Earth, it showed us mankind's contribution to Earth. Machineries of many different era are to
be found in the museum.

I will visit these places again to take more pictures of things I haven't photographed yet. I will do this in the upcoming few weeks.
I cannot upload the pictures though.. The reason for this is my weak and unstable internet connection. The reason why I wasn't in touch
with you is because of the lack of internet.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten